More work happened on this one right after the last update a couple of weeks ago but I never shared it. Oops!
After getting the front half of the floor completed I moved on to the rear portion. Some careful measuring, fitting and some .040" Evergreen sheet later...
I also got a start on building the inner door structure that will be exposed. These were made from .020" Evergreen sheet. I really need to get a set of hole punches because getting a big drill bit through thin, fragile sheet without tearing is a pain in the ass!
Awesome! To make larger holes, I tend to use as small of a drill bit as I can get away with, then bore the holes out with a piece of sandpaper wrapped around a conical object (like the handle of a paintbrush). It's super tedious, but the benefit is there's no tear-out to deal with. I need a hole-punch set too. I've held off because the Micro-Mark set is $$$!
Dennis, take a shot at making your own punches out of brass tube. Pick the diameter you want, file the end at an angle to create a sharp point. If you want, drill a hole in a piece of wood the size of the tube and put it on the other end.
The roadster is looking good. Floor pan looks great