1939 Chevy Custom Oct 23, 2020 22:58:27 GMT -5
Post by stitchdup on Oct 23, 2020 22:58:27 GMT -5
Its been a while since i built anything Trakable but since this has changed direction for the third time and is now heading that way I thought I would share it. I'll start with the 2 previous directions it headed so i hope you aren't too offended by the wheels in some of the pics. They will not be staying and I'll be using some pegasus dodge lancer wheels. I started with the monogram delivery kit and my first plan was modern version of the so cal plating 35 delivery. I got as far as cutting the body to lay the rear end forward then it went back in the box for the first time.
The second time I decided to do something with it I was heading towards a modern street rod type humpback sedan but changed direction again to a chopped lowrider bomb. I used acrylic nail filler to build up the window area before again putting it back in the box.
So now it the third time giving this a shot and Its further along than it has been before, and since I've cut it up so much this time it will be done this way come hell or high water. I started by cutting the rear end completely off the body. Then I started building up a new rear using a couple of bugs and various scrap bodies. I extended the rear fenders using some bug parts and tried using the bug windows but they looked wrong so I cut them out into a style reminiscent of the matranga 39 merc. Next up was just what style it was going to take for the rear of the body so taking some inspiration from the boyd coddington zephyr I started gluing plastic together until I had a more art deco flow to the body. At this point I decided to change direction slightly as previous to this it was going to be modern running gear but will now be a chevy 6. I built up some fadeaways to the front fenders using plastic and milliput. My next job will be filling and fine tuning the gaps you can see but when I built the fadeaways I made sure I could still remove the body so they should be simple to do. I'll be doing some more shaping on the rear of the body as currently its kinda square but i think I can use a bug engine cover to fix that.